Tuesday 6 September 2011

Week 2

First week went well 1370 words.

It doesn't seem much for a weeks work but I wrote  /rewrote /tweaked and wrote so I messed around with it a lot. Hopefully it will  become easier now that I am on chapter 2 and I can see clearer where the story is going.

My first rewrite was to change the narrator from myself to a character, doing this opened my options so that I could be in two places at one time with different sets of emotions.

The second rewrite was the whole of the first chapter, I trimmed and tightened it and moved a whole block of writing to a chapter further in the future.

Then I met with a fellow writer for lunch and she read through the first chapter and trimmed /tweaked and suggested more. I came away from that lunch hour feeling as though the novel had started it's journey and had a respectable amount of miles under its belt.

The next bit will be difficult as it will require much discipline on my part. I am on holiday from this weekend and for weeks 3 and 4 and I am aiming to write 5000 words on holiday.

A tall order????

If I put it in writing on my blog then I have to give it my best efforts. It's a challenge but let's see if I can walk tall or if I will be walking the plank !!

See you in week 5

No comments:

Post a Comment